Cannon Hill Community Kindergarten is proudly affiliated with Lady Gowrie in providing an Early Childhood Education program for children in the period before they begin school.
The Countess of Gowrie, Zara Eileen Hore-Ruthven, was the Irish-born wife of the 1st Earl of Gowrie, Governor of South Australia (1928-34), Governor of New South Wales (1935-36) and the longest serving Governor-General of Australia (1936-44). She is renowned for her work in promoting the welfare of children in Australia and the Lady Gowrie Child Centres were named in her honour.
Lady Gowrie community based Kindergartens are synonymous with providing quality early childhood services to local families.
The Gowrie (QLD) is the Central Governing Body of Lady Gowrie affiliated Kindergartens and supports our Centre in our provision of an Approved Kindergarten Program.
- Cannon Hill Community Kindergarten is approved by the State Government to deliver the Kindergarten program.
- Cannon Hill Community Kindergarten is regulated by the Australian Children' s Education and Care Quality Authority and State Government and;
- Assessed and rated against the 58 elements of the National Quality Standard.
- Our program is based on the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline developed by the Queensland Studies Authority.
- As a Lady Gowrie affiliated Kindergarten, we encourage you to become actively involved in your child' s learning.
- As a Lady Gowrie Kindergarten, we provide an education program developed by the Queensland Studies Authority.
- Like all Lady Gowrie Kindergartens, we respect and value the individual backgrounds, cultures and customs of families.